April 2, 2012

A Story of Forgiveness

So, if y'all didn't notice, I added a new picture to my blog.  It's the poster for an amazing movie: October Baby.  It was inspired by the true story of Gianna Jessen, an abortion survivor.  Hannah Lawson, the main character of the movie, finds out she was adopted and is an abortion survivor.  The story is definitely pro-life, but it's not preachy, and the main theme is FORGIVENESS. My mom and I went to see it after church yesterday, and I cried for a good portion of the one hour, forty-six minutes. (So if you go see it, bring plenty of tissues and wear waterproof mascara!) It's a very moving story, and God definitely worked through Jon and Andrew Erwin (the directors).  October Baby opened the same day as The Hunger Games, and it opened in the Top 10 movies.  How cool is that?  So, please go see this movie!  Maybe some of you are on spring break this week; it's a perfect opportunity to go to the movies.  It's in limited theaters, but if you go to the second link below, you can enter in your zip code and find the closest theaters to you. ;) Even if the closest theater is 30 miles away or more, it's definitely worth it!

http://octoberbabymovie.net/
http://octoberbabymovie.net/theaters

11 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to see that!! And I will definitely bring lots of tissues....and since I'm not allowed to wear mascara, I should be good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not anywhere near me, but it sounds really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good! Tissues...check! Mascara...check! Looks like I'm set to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of it before I read this post! It sounds so touching but my mom won't let me see it in theaters because I just saw the Hunger Games so I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD or Blue ray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Not to far from me. ^^ I'll have to check it out! It seems pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sound like a really good movie ill make sure to check it out :)

    Emma I am writing a book for an online website called Wattpad and i need a book cover to start writing it do you think you could help me make a cover for the book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could, but I'm not good at making covers. ;) I have a friend who does them for me. :)

      Delete
    2. I could help you, Rose.(: I make covers!

      Delete
    3. could you really AbaGayle? that would be awesome!

      Delete
    4. Yes.(: I would love to. Email me the details: abagaylebostek@gmail.com

      Delete