July 18, 2013

Cover Love #3


So today one of my favorite authors officially unveiled the cover of her new book.  I actually saw the cover a few months ago when some website (not the author's announced the book).  But now I've seen a bigger picture of it, and boy, am I excited!


The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson

Happily Ever After ...Or Happily Nevermore? Gisela's childhood was filled with laughter and visits from nobles such as the duke and his young son. But since her father's death, each day has been filled with nothing but servitude to her stepmother. So when Gisela learns the duke's son, Valten---the boy she has daydreamed about for years---is throwing a ball in hopes of finding a wife, she vows to find a way to attend, even if it's only for a taste of a life she'll never have. 

To her surprise, she catches Valten's eye. Though he is rough around the edges, Gisela finds Valten has completely captured her heart. But other forces are bent on keeping the two from falling further in love, putting Gisela in more danger than she ever imagined.

I loved Melanie's first three fairytale retellings, and I am super excited for this one.  Cinderella with a bit of Ivanhoe is how Melanie has describe The Captive Maiden.  And I love the cover.  The dress is so elegant, and the color is lovely.  I love the white, gray, and blue.  Everything complements each other well.  The cover also hints at which fairytale this book retells while not being too cliche (I don't see a glass slipper).  October cannot come soon enough.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh! A fairy tale retelling of Cinderella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm new to your blog, and don't get me wrong i LOVE it, but what does TBR stand for? I probably sound like an idiot for not knowing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, a fairytale retelling! I'll definitely have to check this author out. I love this cover! And your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...