Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
So what characters would I want at my lunch table? Well, I went with a mix of who would likely be a popular kid, the intelligent, and who would be just plain fun. (Plus two adorable couples thrown in the mix that we can ooh-and-ahh/gag over.)
1. Scarlet from Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen.
Why? She's pretty awesome, and if anyone had some choice words for us, I'm pretty sure she'd defend us in a heartbeat.
2. Cia from The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau.
As long as we aren't at the university in Joelle's book, Cia is more than welcome. She's intelligent and awesome.
3. Rory from Free to Fall by Lauren Miller.
Another smart girl; plus, I think she'd be great to talk to.
4. Macallan and Levi from Better off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg.
I chose them as one of the two couples for the table because they're funny and adorable.
5. Lara Jean from To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han.
I've said before that Lara Jean is a bit of a kindred spirit, so of course she'd be at my lunch table!
6. Matt Finch from Open Road Summer by Emery Lord.
He's one of my favorite book boyfriends. And maybe if Reagan isn't invited, Matt will forget about her and fall for me instead? (I'm kidding...mostly.)
7. Anna and St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.
Make way for the second cute couple. Hopefully they'll be able to participate in conversations and not just gaze adoringly at each other for the whole lunch period.
8. Bex from the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter.
Like Scarlet, she's fiercely loyal. Plus, she's British (and secretly a spy)!
9. Dusty from the Arkwell Academy series by Mindee Arnett.
I haven't entirely figured out why I want Dusty at my table, so just know that I do.
10. Emily from Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson.
Emily is definitely another kindred spirit, so she'll always be welcome at my lunch table.
So what characters would be at your lunch table?