October 16, 2014

A Bookish Swiftie's Recommendations

If you're a new reader, then you probably haven't heard how big of a Swiftie I am (that's the name for Taylor Swift's fanbase). I love her music and sense of style, and I look up to her because she's very classy and hasn't made some bad choices like other young music artists I won't name.

I started thinking about which Taylor Swift songs remind me of YA novels, and there were a lot. So many that I'm going to have do several posts about this topic (especially since her new album releases very soon, and obviously, those songs aren't included in today's list). So without further ado, Taylor Swift songs and YA novels.



"Mean" ~ books about bullying

The List by Siobhan Vivian
#scandal by Sarah Ockler


"Mary's Song (Oh My My My)" ~ books about childhood friends who eventually date
17228280 18298225
Better off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
On the Fence by Kasie West


"Haunted" ~ dramatic fantasy

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Splintered by A.G. Howard


"Today Was a Fairytale" ~ super cute romance
20801166 9754815
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


"Breathe" and "22" ~ books about friendships

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (y'all knew this book would be in this post somewhere, right?)
Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly
The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg


"Safe and Sound" ~ books where the main character needs lots of hugs

Torn Away by Jennifer Brown
Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson
Lady Thief by A.C. Gaughen


"Eyes Open" ~ books where the protagonist is in danger

Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
All of Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill


"I'm Only Me When I'm With You" ~ books where the protagonist learns to be herself
15777621 14744489


The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller



So that's the first post! Please let me know what you thought, and if you would be interested in more. (Although, let's be honest, I'll do more of these, no matter what.)

10 comments:

  1. Really nice! I was thinking maybe Wildflower too? Or no,?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't include that one since it doesn't fit any of the songs. It's just more a young country singer who actually isn't THAT similar to Taylor.

      Delete
  2. This was a cool post. :) I like your idea of associating books with Taylor Swift songs, and though I haven't listened to all these songs, I think you made some good connections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I like this post! I'm a huge Swiftie myself so a lot of these songs aren't news to me, and these are great picks! I'm always trying to link books and music so I love your idea.
    Some of my song suggestions if you're planning to do a new post might be "Begin Again" or maybe "Enchanted". Ooh! And "Long Live".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...I'd watch for the next post for 2/3 of those. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, I love this post!! I'm a huge fan of Taylor Swift. I've read some of these, like Since You've Been Gone and Anna and the French Kiss. Loved both. I really, really want to read Throne of Glass, Prisoner of Night and Fog, and On the Fence. Great post and can't wait to see more YA paired with Taylor Swift songs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love T-Swift! Out Of The Woods has been playing on repeat all week on all of my devices... oops. Such an amazing song! I'd love to see you pair that one with a book.
    -Jon from Bookish Antics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely planning to use that one and Shake It Off for post three! :)

      Delete
  6. What about this one? @ https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12177772-remembrance
    The author has said that she was inspired by Taylor Swift's music/MV to write it.

    http://blog.michellemadow.com/2011/08/my-letter-to-taylor-swift.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Taylor Swift songs and books? Perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...