December 19, 2014

Random Friday: Best Movies of 2014


Want to participate in Random Fridays? Just do the following: 
  • Include the above image in your post and link back to my post.
  • Blog about this week's topic.
  • Add the link to your Random Friday at the bottom of this post.
Time to discuss what we each think the best movies of 2014 were! I didn't get to the movies as much as I hoped this year, but I did have some favorites.

Captain America: the Winter Soldier
It's no secret that Captain America is my favorite Avenger, and the latest installment of The Avengers Phase Two was great. Plus, those post-credit scenes...

The Fault in Our Stars
This was a great adaptation. I wasn't the biggest fan of Shailene as Hazel (she didn't feel like Hazel to me until the eulogy scene), but I think John Green's story became a good screenplay. I was surprised by how well Ansel and Nat did.


Big Hero 6
This movie was so adorable, guys! I love Disney films, and this one was perfect. The animation was cool, it was very science/technology-focused, there were strong female characters (Honey Lemon, GoGo, and Aunt Cass). I would've liked more background and character development for most of the hero team, but hey, it was great overall. Plus, it was worthwhile to see in theaters twice!


Mockingjay Part 1
I still don't think they needed to split Mockingjay but it worked well! "The Hanging Tree" created an emotional scene, my heart ached for Peeta, and the stark contrast between industrial, cold, gray District 13 and the bright capital is astounding. There were a couple omissions I was surprised at (one is rather big), but I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Mockingjay.

Movies I Missed Out On
There was a block of YA adaptations that I didn't get to see because they released right as I was settling in at school. Hopefully I'll be able to see them on DVD over my break or some time soon.

The Giver

If I Stay

The Maze Runner

Can't wait to see everyone else's posts!


3 comments:

  1. Loved TFIoS, If I Stay and Mockingjay! TFioS and If I Stay made me cry so hard hahaha. I enjoyed Divergent this year too and I'm excited to see how they do with Insurgent.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see Divergent? What did you think of it?
    I haven't seen any of these movies, but THG, BH6, and CA: TWS are all on my to-watch list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it but they changed just enough to get on my nerves (and apparently they're changing a lot in Insurgent). When Tris did the zipline for the first time, I got emotional.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...