Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Listed in no particular order, here are my top ten heroines. I could list loads of reasons why I chose each of these leading ladies, but I think I'll let them speak for themselves. Many are kindred spirits; some are what I aspire to be or have characteristics I dream of emulating. Others just strike me as remarkably strong, and well-written, and poignant.
1. Elisa from The Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy
2. Kestrel from The Winner's Trilogy
3. Emma Woodhouse from Emma
4. Linh Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles
5. Emily from Since You've You Been Gone
6. Gigi Dubois from Smart Girls Get What They Want
7. Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass series
8. Caddie Finn from Don't Touch
9. Paige Hancock from The Start of Me and You
10. Meira from Snow Like Ashes
Bonus pick: Gretchen Muller from Prisoner of Night and Fog