July 21, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books With Diverse Characters


I was just looking for an opportunity to recommend some of my favorite diverse books, so this week's topic is perfect! So if you've realized you read a lot of non-diverse books, these ten would be a great place to start.

20579291
1. Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley

Like No Other
2. Like No Other by Una LaMarche

22392935
3. This Side of Home by Renee Watson

18599754
4. Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern

13597757
5. Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson

17910573
6. The Tyrant's Daughter by J.C. Carleson

22501055
7. Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee

22521951
8. Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed

11235712
9. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

18713041
10. Endangered by Lamar Giles

So what other diverse books do you recommend? Any you think I should try?

7 comments:

  1. I actually haven't heard of many of these, but Cinder made my list too! Don't Touch and Written in the Stars both look amazing! Thanks for the new suggestions :D

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Cinder and Say What You Will which were really good. The Lies We Tell Ourselves looks great. The others are all on my TBR list :) Thanks for sharing My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't Touch looks amazing. I havent heard of it before but definitely enjoy all books about mental illness. Awesome Picks!! Check out my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've added a few of these to my TBR because so many people are featuring them - I have lots of new books to read!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. Props to a very racially diverse list! I've heard good things about Robin Talley and I want to have a taste of her work soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Cinder yet but it's been on my TBR for a while because of how often I've seen it on these lists!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/07/21/top-ten-tuesday-14/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Lies We Tell Ourselves! I also enjoyed reading Cinder and Don't Touch. I really want to read Under a Painted Sky and Written in the Stars. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...