April 30, 2017

Rewind & Review: #84


~Easter weekend happened. I stayed on campus and worked at the desk a lot and got a ton of homework done. I also watched half a dozen movies.
~I've started writing an essay about why Severus Snape is the actual worst.
~I had a Shakespeare group project - we had to perform a scene from one of the plays we read. My group chose a tavern scene from Henry IV, Part I and we performed it in our school's bistro.
~My university's annual film festival was last Saturday. It was freezing cold that day, but we managed the hour-long wait in line to get good seats. Some of the films were really good; others, frankly, stunk.
~Last week of classes has passed. I'm gearing up for finals week and move-out. But I managed to film a book haul video yesterday! Check it out at the bottom of the post.

Books I Received for Review
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee (from HarperCollins)
Dramatically Ever After by Isabel Bandeira (from Spencer Hill Press via NetGalley)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
Taylor Swift: This Is Our Song by Tyler Conroy (Easter gift from my parents)
Literary Starbucks by Nora Katz, Wilson Josephson, and Jill Poskanzer (April Secret Sister gift)
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (gifted by one of my professors)

Books I Bought
Triple Threat by Gwenda Bond
Rebels Rising by Shanna Swendson
First Class Murder by Robin Stevens

Books I Read
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (4 stars)
Two Summers by Aimee Friedman (reread)
The Distance from A to Z by Natalie Blitt (3 stars)
The Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
Saturdays at Sea by Jessica Day George (4 stars)
The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord (reread)
Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie (4 stars)
The Beautiful Pretender by Melanie Dickerson (3 stars)
A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan (4 stars)
American Street by Ibi Zoboi (3 stars)
Triple Threat by Gwenda Bond
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli (4 stars)
Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller (3 stars)
Two Naomis by Olugbemisola Rhuday-Perkovich and Audrey Vernick (3 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed in the Last Few Weeks
   (from 4/10-4/15)
   (from 4/17-4/22)
   (from 4/23-4/29)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...