July 30, 2019

Emma's Bookish States of America Challenge

As if I don't already have enough on my plate, I'm starting another reading challenge. A few years back, I posted suggestions of books people could read that were set in almost every state of America. Well I decided to do a personal update of the list, and I actually managed to cover some of the states I had to leave blank last time (though eight states are still without YA books).

I've already mostly completed this challenge because I had to choose a lot of books I'd read and knew where they were set. (Goodreads is not great for trying to find settings...) But you'll see there are still a few states I need to cover. 






(There's a real dearth of YA books set in the west.)

Out of the blank states, I have books I could read for Iowa, Arkansas, and New Hampshire, but if anyone has more suggestions, please let me know. And if anyone has recommendations for YA set in Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oklahoma, West Virginia, and Rhode Island, please tell me!!

Here's what I have read (I've included multiple books where applicable so if you want to pick up this challenge, you have options):

Alabama - Don't Touch
Alaska - Not If I Save You First
Arizona - Vengeance Road, Just For Clicks
California - Outrun the Moon, If I'm Being Honest
Colorado - From Twinkle, with Love; Sadie
Connecticut - Since You've Been Gone, My Life Next Door
Florida - Don't Date Rosa Santos, First & Then
Georgia - Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, Dear Martin
Hawaii - Summer Bird Blue
Illinois - Famous in a Small Town, The Comeback Season, Love, Hate & Other Filters
Indiana - The Fault in Our Stars, The Start of Me and You
Kansas - Hearts Unbroken, Just Visiting
Kentucky - Tash Hearts Tolstoy, Breakfast Served Anytime, My Heart and Other Black Holes
Louisiana - Out of the Easy
Maine - This Is What Happy Looks Like, Wild Blue Wonder
Maryland - More Than We Can Tell, The Upside of Unrequited
Massachusetts - American Panda, Free to Fall
Michigan - The Names They Gave Us, A Million Junes
Minnesota - Cold Day in the Sun
Mississippi - Magnolia
Missouri - The Art of Lainey
Nebraska - Fangirl, Girl Out of Water
Nevada - Overturned, The Chapel Wars
New Jersey - Bookishly Ever After
New Mexico - Love Letters to the Dead, Your Destination Is on the Left
New York - Pride, Like No Other, Together at Midnight
North Carolina - Belles, The Sound of Drowning
Ohio - A Madness So Discreet
Oregon - Not Now, Not Ever; This Side of Home
Pennsylvania - With the Fire on High
South Carolina - The Inside of Out
Tennessee - Racing Savannah
Texas - Puddin', Lucky Few, The Field Guide to the North American Teenager
Utah - By Your Side
Vermont - Truly Devious, Two Can Keep a Secret
Virginia - To All the Boys I've Loved Before, The Raven Cycle
Washington - Serious Moonlight, The Game of Love and Death
Wisconsin - Better off Friends
Wyoming - Wild Hearts

So I'm doing pretty well on this challenge! We'll see if I can keep it up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...