November 23, 2019

The Pie Book Tag

Surprise! I've created another book tag! This one is fueled by my love for something I can't shut up about - pie. And since we're about to enter the holiday season, which is often filled with pie, I thought this was an apt time to do it.





Caramel apple
A book that reminds you of fall.

If the caramel apple pie you eat is anything like the one I get at Proper Pie or Four & Twenty Blackbirds, then it is a quintessentially autumnal dessert.

34076952
The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo


Pumpkin
A book with a great family (biological or found).

Pumpkin pie brings back memories of Thanksgiving and Christmas, and so, since those are times spent traditionally with family, I thought this was a good pairing.


38136879. sy475
The Lovely and the Lost by Jennifer Lynn Barnes



French silk
A book that's easy to read or rich with descriptions.

A good French silk pie melts in your mouth and is oh-so chocolate-y and sweet.


One of my favorite compulsively readable books is 
31931941. sy475
Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia


Key lime
A summery sweet book.

Key lime pie is forever one of my favorites (I constantly want a slice from Daly Pie up in Brooklyn), and it's definitely a summer flavor.


35791907
The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo


Blueberry-peach
A book with a perfect pairing (romantic, friendship, mentor-student).

One of my other pie loves is a blueberry-peach lattice pie. Blueberry and peach are two fruits that pair together so effortlessly, which makes me think of...

Max and Paige in one of my favorite books:
22429350
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord



Oreo
A book that reminds you of your childhood.

Oreo pie always makes me think of Bakers Square restaurants (most of which are closed now). I loved their Oreo pie as a kid. So, for this category, I had to pick...

23522260
The Comeback Season by Jennifer E. Smith
(Because my dad has always been very invested in the Cubs, and I was, to an extent, when I was younger.)




Lemon chess
A book with a very Southern setting.

Chess pie is a super Southern thing, but I had a lemon variation once that was the perfect blend of tart and sweet.

8475505
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins



Dark chocolate orange
A book with a bittersweet ending.

Much like this book tag, every book has to come to an end. Although I love a good happy ending, sometimes conclusions have to be a little more bittersweet (like the delicious dark chocolate orange pie I got at Daly Pie once). One of my favorites in this category is...


35391237. sy475
Five Dark Fates by Kendare Blake

So that's the pie book tag! I'm tagging ANYONE who wants to do it, as long as you link back to my original post. Feel free to tag me if you share it on social media (@AwkwordlyEmma on Twitter, @awkwordly_emma on Instagram) because I'd love to see what books you pick!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh pie is my favorite too, I'll definitely participate in this tag soon :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm officially stealing this as my Dreams and Dragons post for next week. You know I can't resist a good pie ANYTHING. xD

    (Also, is it bad that I've only read one of the books on this list? It's probably bad. xD)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...