October 17, 2011

Be Proud of Me

I've finished - okay, MOSTLY finished - The Last of the Mohicans.  My mom is giving me until Wednesday to finish it (with tomorrow being the ideal deadline).  The book is slowly killing my appreciation of old lit, though.  I feel LotM is terribly written!  The style, the phrasing, GAH!  As soon as I finish it, I'm going to open up Home for the Holidays and enjoy some well-written descriptive writing.  Ahhh.  Just thinking about it makes me happier. :)

In other news, I've started volunteering at our local animal shelter, and guess who I saw last Tuesday?  Fern!  The kitty I rescued!  She is still as sweet as ever, but she growls and hisses at the other cats.  She's still fearful because of her time in the wild.  I've noticed she's very tentative about getting food and water.  But I don't spend all my time with her.  I've met some other tres adorable cats.  And I'll be seeing them all again tomorrow!  Hooray!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...