November 13, 2011

NaNoWriMo Update #2

So, it's the second weekend of NaNoWriMo!  I should be about halfway through my book by now.... I'm not. :P In neither of my books.  I'm going to give a word count update as of this moment (it's going to change by later tonight) and the summaries of both books that I have on the NaNo sites! :)

Diary of a Homeschooler: Cassie    Word count update: 16,419 words
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cassie Thompson figured her life would go from average to dull when she moved back to Virginia and her mom decided to homeschool her. But life has a way of taking interesting turns... With only the ears of her diary and BFF from back in Iowa, Cassie manages to struggle through her high school years. But everything isn't always rosy, of course.
 
The Mother-Daughter Book Club Fanfiction Two (official title will not be revealed) Word count update: 18,532 words
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's year two of the second generation book club, and the four older girls are officially in high school now! After much discussion, a few of Shannon Hale's books are decided on for the year of reading. But not everything is fun and books for Jane, Violet, Natalie, Kelsey, and Kiely. Jane's relationship with Christopher is blossoming, and there's fall play drama for Vi. But that drama stems from Natalie's ex-friend, Julia Kent, who is also causing problems for Natalie. Kiely's organization is taking off, but Kelsey has the worst luck-two major catastrophes. Will the book club's bonds grow closer, or will the club split apart?
 
BTW, Jane is Emma's daughter, Violet is Jess's daughter, Natalie is Cassidy's daughter, Kelsey is Megan's daughter, and Kiely is Becca's daughter.
Hope you enjoyed these small looks at my books!

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE your MDBC Fanfiction Two idea! So great! It sounds kinda like the real thing but you added your own twist! I wish I could write like you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Christopher supposed to be like Zach Norton or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, nooooo. He's a bit more like Stewart. But Zach is in the series. ;) Shall I tell y'all who everyone is married to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! Please tell us Emma! Your writing is so good, and I really wish that your fanfiction could be published, but that would be plagiarizing wouldn't it? Still I MUST know who everyone is married to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess-Darcy (Team Dess right here! xD)
    Emma-Stewart (I also support Stemma xD)
    Cassidy-Tristan (He's my favorite of her guys. Tall, dark, and handsome=Tristan Berkeley AND Mr. Darcy.)
    Megan-Zach (My bestie and I-we're both writing our own versions of the fanfics-would've gone with Simon, but that would've meant Emma's kids would be related to Jess's and Becca's, and then Cassidy's and Megan's would be related, too. Awkward!)
    And...my personal favorite... Becca-Kevin Mullins. xD Least likely pair, yet it still works. I should post my Author's Note from book one here sometime, so you can read about my creative process. xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go, Emma! NANO rocks. And so do your story ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becca and Kevin Mullins? How did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't want to know. xD But their two sons, Kiely's brothers, are big dorks like their dad. xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you know that I don't want to? Jess and Darcy finally!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...