December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas to the Book Characters

Well, it's Christmas Day, and since I'm probably opening presents right about now, I decided to gift books to some of my favorite characters!

To Emma Hawthorne from The Mother-Daughter Book Club...
Emma loves classics and she loves to write.
4667024 16074935

The Help is sort of a modern-day classic, and hopefully Emma hasn't read it yet!
In Fifteenth Summer, the main character, Chelsea, realizes she's a writer toward the very end of the book, and I think Emma could relate to that.  Plus, I think the other Emma likes a good romance.

To Hazel Grace Lancaster from The Fault in Our Stars...
Hazel likes ambiguous endings (The Imperial Affliction, anyone?).
12842115 12842134

Just One Day and Just One Year have a pretty open end (since JOY only continues a couple moments after JOD).  I think Hazel will relate to the theme of lost love and these books should give her hope.

To Cammie Morgan from Gallagher Girls...
Cammie's gone through a lot, but she's also very smart.  I think she needs a non-fluffy book that doesn't make light of the reader's intelligence.
10594356

Going Vintage is a good choice for Cammie.  It's a bit fluffy, but I think it's more serious than it appears on first glance.

Bonus book:
13597723

Cammie would definitely enjoy a book about serial killers, and I bet she'd be smart enough to figure out the killer way before it's revealed.  Plus, Jennifer Lynn Barnes is BFFs with Ally Carter.

To Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games...
I think Katniss is ready for a read that doesn't require too much deep thought, but she also wants a book with strong female leads.  That's why I'm giving her...
6609714

Penny Lane is no push-over, and I could definitely see Katniss appreciating the themes of friendship in The Lonely Hearts Club.

To Ismae from Grave Mercy...
Ismae doesn't strike me as the type of girl who would love a romance, so she definitely needs a book or series that doesn't focus on love.
17262735

I really didn't notice much romance in this book.  The plot depended more on Eva's love for her brother and her character-growth and the Testing.

To Bennett and Anna from Time Between Us...
Bennett and Anna do have somewhat similar taste.  They both love to travel, so...
17262236 16065551

Rose Under Fire would take Bennett and Anna to a women's concentration camp in Nazi Germany, and Parallel is about a form of science that's a bit similar to Bennett's time travel.

Bonus book just for Anna:
11235712

I think Anna would enjoy the trip into the future that The Lunar Chronicles would give her.

To America Singer from The Selection...
America loves music, so I chose two selections (pun unintentional) that incorporate characters who share the same love, but in very different areas.
13518112 15777621

America would appreciate that Rose composes music in Cinders & Sapphires, and I think she'd relate to the scandal and political intrigue.  I also think America would be fascinated by DJing and how music fits into Elise's story in This Song Will Save Your Life.

To Sloane Devon Jacobs from Being Sloane Jacobs...
Sloane D. loves, loves, loves hockey.  So I decided to find a book series where another character had the same interest.
318016

If book worlds could cross, I definitely think Sloane D. and Cassidy Sloane (another connection...) would be BFFs.  Sloane D. needs the whole The Mother-Daughter Book Club series.

To Rin from Forest Born...
Rin starts off as a shy, withdrawn, scared girl.  She matures wonderfully and starts to find her place.  I think good choices for her would be...

6574102 17347640 3238153

The main characters of Margot and North of Beautiful start off like Rin but grow stronger, so I think she could definitely relate to them.
Then Heist Society is a grand example of a strong female lead that Rin would certainly like to learn from.

Do you agree with my choices?  Are there any characters you'd love to gift books to?

4 comments:

  1. This was a genius idea! I don't know how most of the characters are, but from what I've read in your reviews, they look like good picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I think some other bloggers have done it, so I can't take credit.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas! I just want to say (as a Christmas present to you) that your blog is my absolute favorite book blog!! I get so many ideas for books to read, see awesome reviews, and all your unique posts like this one! Hope you have a great Christmas! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you, too! Thank you so much for your kind words. They're really appreciated. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...