February 24, 2014

Fifteen 2015 Reads

So, in a recent spell of boredom, I went on Goodreads and found a list with YA books coming out in 2015.  One thing I noticed was that 2015 seems to be the Year of Horror and Thriller.  Seriously, so many books seemed to be revolved around kidnappings, paranormal horror, horror movie-type things, etc.  But anyways, I already had some 2015 reads on my TBR list (Winter, the final Lunar Chronicles book; the third Princess Academy book by Shannon Hale; and The Lonely Hearts Club sequel by Elizabeth Eulberg), but my TBR unreleased list just gained about twenty new books.  And I want to share some of them with you.  So here are fifteen 2015 releases that you should have on your radar.


THE ONES THAT PLAY WITH THE ORIGINAL
(a.k.a., books that retell a classic or fairytale)

Lock & Mori by Heather Petty
For all you Sherlock fanatics out there, this book is one for you.  Teenage Sherlock, teenage female Moriarty, and a mystery.

(I'm sure that's all of you in the Sherlock fandom. What do you call yourselves?)

A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas
Sleeping Beauty retelling!


But it's after Aurora is awakened, and I think it's going to be very cool.

THE ONES WITH FUN AND DIFFERENT SETTINGS

5 to 1 by Holly Bodger
Futuristic India?  That could be - and hopefully will be - very interesting.

The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough
1920s Seattle!  I love historical fiction and the 1920s were a fascinating time period.  Plus, Seattle isn't the usual 1920s setting.

Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout
Boarding school in Korea?  K-pop fandom?  I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before, and I'm beyond excited.

THE ONES INVOLVING DEATH

Embassy Row book 1 by Ally Carter
Ally Carter is one of my top favorite authors, and the premise of her new series has me over-the-moon.  


Physics geek?  Obsessed with planning her death?  I shouldn't be happy about that second item, but I am.


Love, Lucas by Chantele Sedgwick
What I like about this one is that it sounds slightly similar to Love Letters to the Dead, but also completely different.  It's mainly the older sibling dying that helps me make the comparison.

THE LOVE STORIES

Perfect girl, angsty guy.  A bit overdone, but I'm all for it in books that sounds as good as this one.

A Million Miles Away by Lara Avery
I don't really have any gif-worthy feelings for this one, but it sounds really good.  I can't wait until a longer synopsis is available.

Kissing in America by Margo Rabb
The main character is obsessed with romance novels.  There's a cross-country trip, which I assume is a road trip.  Both of those deserve a...


THE BOOKS I COULDN'T CATEGORIZE
(Not that they're too unique or weird, but just that I didn't feel like they fit into any of the above categories.)

Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
Misfits, poetry club, a competitive swimmer with OCD?  I think Tamara's upcoming book is going to be refreshing and new.

The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
It's part of a dualogy, and it's fantasy!


The Cage by Megan Shepherd
This book sounds creepy and awesome all at the same time.

Spin by Jenn Marie Thorne
Politics, romance, a newfound family... I'm in.

Seriously, y'all should add these to your TBR lists now.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for writing this post, Emma! I only had two (Ally Carters book and Hello, I Love You) of these on my TBR list, but now a lot more have been added to it! Esp. looking forward to A Wicked Thing, Kissing in America, and Lock and Mori now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad I could add books to your TBR list!

      Delete
  2. A Wicked Thing sounds amazing!! I've been all about retellings since I read The Lunar Chronicles and I LOVE Sleeping Beauty. Thanks so much for writing this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, Lock and Mori sounds really good, it's definitely going on my TBR list. A Wicked Thing also sounds fascinating! Thanks for letting us know about these books. :)

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome! Thanks for dropping by. :)

      Delete
  4. These are amazing suggestions! I added most of them to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...