April 28, 2014

So You Like... #2

Welcome to the second "So You Like..." post!  This time, I won't be doing a genre.  Instead, I have a book series planned and I think this post will be very fun.



So You Like THE AMERICAN GIRL BOOKS
(Like last time, the covers link to their Goodreads page.)

If you like Kaya... (1764)


For Kaya, I chose a book that is about a native people, albeit they're more Inuit than Native American.

17262735


If you like Felicity Merriman... (1774)


try...

10637697

The protagonist works at an American Revolution reenactment village (much like Williamsburg), and there's a rivalry every summer with the Civil War reenactment park across the street!


If you like Caroline Abbott... (1812)


try...

8369681

I chose this book for Caroline because it's a retelling of Pride and Prejudice, which was published in 1813.


If you like Josefina Montoya... (1824)


try...

15805597

So I actually haven't read this book, but I've heard a lot about it.  It's the fact that both the protagonist and love interest come from Latino families that made me choose this for the lovely Hispanic Josefina.


If you like Marie-Grace Gardner and Cecile Rey... (1853)
 

try...

18298225 13335037

You're probably wondering what the heck these two books have to do with 19th century girls.  Well, bear with me.  I chose On the Fence because the protagonist's mother died when she was young, like Marie-Grace's, and I chose the Divergent trilogy because of Abnegation.  One of the big themes in Marie-Grace's and Cecile's books is helping others in need, which reminded me of the Abnegation.
EDIT: Also, a friend thought of 
18222767
I haven't read it, but this book definitely seems like a good fit!
If you like Kirsten Larson... (1854)


try...

15845648

I chose Torn Away because there is a tornado in one of Kirsten's books, and I think it was interesting to contrast how the aftermath affected her in Happy Birthday, Kirsten and Jersey in Torn Away.

Keep an eye out for the next So You Like..., when I'll share books for Addy, Samantha, Rebecca, Kit, Molly, and Julie!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a creative idea! I loved these books when I was little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool, I never actually read the American girl books but I still play the games on the website(they are very adictive, plus I'm still only twelve, but so what)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...