June 14, 2014

Book Blogger Feature: Adventures in Reading

This month, I have a feature that will last until July.  I'll be featuring several different bloggers.  Last post, y'all got to know Rebecca of The Library Canary a little bit better.  Now it's time for...



Adventures in Reading!

About Alexia of Adventures in Reading
"I'm a 28 year old blogger and writer. I have been blogging at Adventures in Reading for just about a year. My book blog covers a wide array of genres, both YA and Adult titles.  I am currently working on a couple of writing projects and am hoping to have at least one of them published by the end of the year."

Emma: What would you say is your favorite part of the book blogging community?
The friends that I have made this past year. None of it would have been possible without blogging.

Emma: What's your favorite YA subgenre?
Contemporary

Emma: What's your favorite book within that genre?
Currently it's The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

Emma: Signature question time: What's your favorite fairytale?
Beauty and the Beast. I just love how Belle was able to look past the way the Beast looked and focus on what was really important.

Emma: What has been the best moment of your blogging career?
Ooooh, toughie, I gotta go with being auto-approved for HarperTeen's titles on Edelweiss. 

Emma: What do you see as the next big trend in YA (like vampires, dystopian, mermaids, angels, etc.)?
Definitely mermaids. There seems to be a lot more mermaid related books coming out recently.

Emma: What's the YA trope that irritates you the most and why?
Insta-love because it's not realistic. There is no such thing as insta-love. Insta-lust, yes, but not insta-love. Love just doesn't work like that.

Emma: Any upcoming books you're highly anticipating?
Bleed Like Me by Christa Desir. It's a "dark" contemporary which I absolutely love.
Feral by Holly Schindler. Another "dark contemporary that I'm excited for.
Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson. Yes a third "dark" contemporary that I'm really excited about (sensing a theme here Emma?)

Emma: Thanks for stopping by, Alexia!  I'm sure all my followers enjoyed getting to know you better.  And don't forget to check out her blog here and follow her on Twitter here.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely agree about the insta-love. Just stop people. That's not a real thing.

    Oh and I'm also super stoked about Don't Touch! I have an egalley of it so hopefully I'll get to read it soon!

    So nice to meet you Alexia! Good luck on your writing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...