January 11, 2015

Rewind & Review #29

Rewind & Review

Well, as you're reading this, I'm back in Kentucky, likely having one last outing with my parents until March. Or perhaps I'm hanging out with my friends or roommate or getting ready for classes to start tomorrow. My break was great. I didn't leave the house all that much, which - for an introvert like me - was just what I needed. I'm mostly happy to be going back to school and I'm very excited to see what God has in store for my second semester. I'm nervous about my classes (there's a lot more participation and even some presentations required, and the thought of both gets my heart racing), and I'll be starting a job, which is exciting and a bit nerve-inducing all at the same time. The primary exciting news of my weekend was that I got a library card for the county library, so I can finally start checking out books!
No book haul video, but I did unbox my Book Outlet order on camera for y'all.

Books I Received
The Truth About Us by Janet Gurtler (via Sourcebooks Fire/NetGalley)
The Forgotten Sisters by Shannon Hale (via Bloomsbury USA Children's/NetGalley)
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord (via Bloomsbury/NetGalley)
Rogue Wave by Jennifer Donnelly
All the Rage by Courtney Summers
Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman (via Read Between the Lynes)
All Fall Down by Ally Carter (via Scholastic/the Ally Ambassador campaign)

Books I Bought
Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
Emma by Jane Austen
Her Dark Curiosity by Megan Shepherd
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous by Kathryn Williams
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
Blonde Ops by Charlotte Bennardo and Natalie Zaman
Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan
Golden by Jessi Kirby
Wednesdays in the Tower by Jessica Day George
All Fall Down by Ally Carter
Not in the Script by Amy Finnegan

Books I Read
Parallel by Lauren Miller (reread)
Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson (reread)
Ensnared by A.G. Howard
Zodiac by Romina Russell (3 stars)
No Place to Fall by Jaye Robin Brown (3 stars)
Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer (reread)
The Secrets of Lily Graves by Sarah Strohmeyer (4 stars)
Paper or Plastic by Vivi Barnes
A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray (5 stars)
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen (reread)
Thursdays with the Crown by Jessica Day George (4.5 stars)
Rogue Wave by Jennifer Donnelly
Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers (reread)
Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous by Kathryn Williams (4 stars)
#16thingsithoughtweretrue by Janet Gurtler (2.5 stars)
Famous Last Words by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski (reread)
Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii by Robin Jones Gunn (3 stars)
Gilt by Katherine Longshore (3.5 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed
   (From 12/29-1/3)
   (From 1/4-1/10)
  • Review: Ensnared by A.G. Howard
  • TTT: Books I Meant to Read in 2014
  • Review: This Side of Home by Renee Watson
  • Random Friday: Would You Rather... 
  • Review: I'm Glad I Did by Cynthia Weil
  • TTT: Books I Need to Add to My Library
  • Winter/Spring 2015 Classes
  • Awkwordly Emma's 2014 Book Awards Results

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...