January 13, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Meant to Read in 2014


*sigh* I read a heck ton of books in 2014...but not the ten I'm about to list.

7514860
1. Return to Me by Justina Chen
Somehow, I managed to read A Blind Spot for Boys before Return to Me, even though the latter has been out longer.

12551082
2. Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally
I read the first two and the fifth in the Hundred Oaks series, but my library doesn't have this one or book four, so I'm still waiting... I haven't checked, but I'm hoping the public library near my university has them.

8490112
3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
I'm such a failure. I put this on my fall TBR list and everything, and I even checked it out of the library at one point.

15753977
4. Legend by Marie Lu
Same excuse as Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

17332550
5. Deception by C.J. Redwine
I blame my library for this one. They don't have a copy, and although I snagged my own copy through Book Outlet, I had tons of other books I needed to read over my Christmas break instead.

10929432
6. The Archived by Victoria Schwab
I borrowed it from the library, even read a few pages, but it just didn't happen.

18285437
7. Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley
In my defense, this book released after I started college and therefore books were harder to acquire.

5203369
8. You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith
Once again, this is a case of the library doesn't have it. I'm the type of person who is very wary of buying books she hasn't read. I've been burned too many times before.

16101159
9. Venom by Fiona Paul
I quite enjoyed The Art of Lainey, so I want to read more of Paula Stokes's writing. I promise to get to this one soon!

18635040
10. Minion by John David Anderson
I read Sidekicked over the summer and even borrowed Minion from the library. However, it was only a week or two until I went to college and I had other books that were top priority.

Let me know which book(s) you think I need to make top priority!

5 comments:

  1. Great list! I've read Daughter of Smoke and Bone and it's sequel, and loved them. They're really unique! I hope you end up liking it too. Here's my TTT. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also looking forward to reading Legend! I've heard great things about Marie Lu's books and I want to get a head start on that and The Young Elites. I read Daughter of Smoke and Bone a while ago, and I definitely recommend it. I think the book started great and Karou quickly became one of my favorite characters. Enjoy your reads:D

    Claire @ Cover to Cover

    ReplyDelete
  3. Legend is on my TBR list. I'm just not sure that I'll enjoy it, so I keep mentally pushing it aside. Same thing goes for Daughter of Smoke and Bone... I'm afraid that I won't like it, but I will read them both... one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy. I've heard such amazing things and now that all three are out, I can just binge them. Hopefully I'll get to it this year.

    Legend and Deception!!! Both of those series are kickass. Legend is my all-time favorite dystopian series and C.J. Redwine is awesome. Rachel & Logan are two of my favorite characters ever. Definitely try to get to these two series this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adored Things I Can't Forget! The MC you may not like at first but she experiences so much growth throughout the book, so stick with her. The love interest is SUPER adorable too.
    I really want to read the Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Defiance trilogies this year.
    Hope you are able to get to these, hon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...