Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I actually kind of struggled with this week's topic. I have auto-buy authors, but as I thought about it, I wasn't sure I had ten. This list might be pushing it, because if one of these authors writes a book outside the genres I read, I probably won't read it. But for the most part, I think I'll buy anything these authors write.
1. Emery Lord (author of Open Road Smmer and The Start of Me and You)
It's no surprise Emery tops my list. Her debut and sophomore novels have won me over. I was so confident about loving Open Road Summer that I bought it before reading it (in ARC or library form). I've never regretted that decision.
2. Marissa Meyer (author of The Lunar Chronicles)
My fave sci-fi series. I think they've cemented my love for Marissa's writing.
3. Kasie West (author of the Pivot Point duology, The Distance Between Us, On the Fence, and The Fill-In Boyfriend)
Kasie can write amazing contemporary romance and paranormal/sci-fi.
4. Heather Vogel Frederick (author of The Mother-Daughter Book Club series and Absolutely Truly)
I love the MDBC series so I'd say I'll pretty much buy anything Heather writes.
5. Anne Blankman (author of the Prisoner of Night and Fog duology)
If Anne continues to write historical fiction, she'll be a permanent fixture on my auto-buy list. Historical fic is definitely her strength, and she's a kindred history geek spirit.
6. Elizabeth Eulberg (author of The Lonely Hearts Club, Better off Friends, and more)
One of the queens of contemporary YA. I've met Elizabeth, and she's so personable and friendly so I couldn't imagine never buying one of her books.
7. Tamara Ireland Stone (author of the Time Between Us duology and Every Last Word)
Her writing is so lyrical. I will always buy Tamara's books, as long as it's not horror or the type of sci-fi that doesn't interest me.
8. Ally Carter (author of the Gallagher Girls series, the Heist Society trilogy, and the Embassy Row trilogy)
I can't forget Ally! She's written some of my favorite YA books EVER. Totally auto-buy at this point.
9. Jennifer E. Smith (author of The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, You Are Here, The Geography of You and Me, and more)
I consider Jennifer one of the contemporary romance queens. She writes such realistic stories, and I love them.
10. Jennifer Lynn Barnes (author of The Naturals series and The Fixer)
I haven't read her early stuff, but I love The Naturals and The Fixer so if Jenn continues to write books like them, I'll buy them immediately.
Who are your auto-buy authors?