September 29, 2018

Why I Love From Twinkle, With Love

Do you ever read a book that's just so effortlessly sweet and fun and touching? When I think about how much I enjoyed From Twinkle, With Love, I want to do a book shimmy. (Does anyone still get that reference?) 

But of course, I can't just leave it at that. I have to tell you why I love Sandhya Menon's sophomore novel, and why you too should read it.


1. Twinkle's drive
Twinkle is one ambitious girl who knows what she wants and tries to make it happen. She doesn't like to compromise her artistic vision.

2. The making a movie plotline
Twinkle doesn't just talk the talk when it comes to loving movies and wanting to be a director. She full-on makes one, with the help of Sahil and others.

3. How the letters don't feel fake
I'm the first to admit that I don't like many epistolary novels, but the letters from Twinkle to her heros never read as inauthentic.

4. The teenageriness
The characters neither seem ridiculously immature or way too mature. They read like the teenagers they are, which I think can be hard to portray properly in YA.

5. How head-over-heels Sahil is for Twinkle
So often the female character in a ship is the one who's giggly and all in for the guy, but this time, it's the guy, Sahil, who is absolutely in love with Twinkle and never in a creepy way. He's definitely swoonworthy, too.


36373464

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...