Bored Emma=ideas for a contest! I'm going to host a writing contest on here. :) I can't promise any really good prizes [like an iPad or something] (first place will get their story posted on here, and a critique and editing of their story by me; second place will get a critique and editing of their story by me; and third place will get a critique of their story by me), but I think it'll be fun. You will e-mail the stories to MDBCnumber1fan@gmail.com . Hopefully, that e-mail will work (make sure you're typing it in correctly). If it doesn't seem to be working, I'll change the e-mail address.
The guidelines for the contest!
1. It must be an original short story (as for length, think Envy Green and so forth as the max ;)).
2. Your main character must be human.
3. Your plotline should revolve around a celebration of something (the something is up to you, and what you do with the plot is also up to you).
4. Genre is up to you, but I would prefer no sci-fi since that's not my forte, and I just won't be able to get into it. ;) Historical fiction, fantasy, contemporary fiction, post-apocalypic, etc.
5. Please double-space the story and use size 12 font (this is just for ease of reading).
6. All stories must be submitted by July 25th, 11 PM ET (10 PM CT, 9 PM MT, and 8 PM PT).
I can't wait to read these masterpieces! If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments. ;) Let me know when you send your story in, so I can check to see if it sent.