July 11, 2012

A Writing Contest

Bored Emma=ideas for a contest!  I'm going to host a writing contest on here. :) I can't promise any really good prizes [like an iPad or something] (first place will get their story posted on here, and a critique and editing of their story by me; second place will get a critique and editing of their story by me; and third place will get a critique of their story by me), but I think it'll be fun.  You will e-mail the stories to MDBCnumber1fan@gmail.com .  Hopefully, that e-mail will work (make sure you're typing it in correctly).  If it doesn't seem to be working, I'll change the e-mail address.

The guidelines for the contest!
1. It must be an original short story (as for length, think Envy Green and so forth as the max ;)).
2. Your main character must be human.
3. Your plotline should revolve around a celebration of something (the something is up to you, and what you do with the plot is also up to you).
4. Genre is up to you, but I would prefer no sci-fi since that's not my forte, and I just won't be able to get into it. ;) Historical fiction, fantasy, contemporary fiction, post-apocalypic, etc.
5. Please double-space the story and use size 12 font (this is just for ease of reading).
6. All stories must be submitted by July 25th, 11 PM ET (10 PM CT, 9 PM MT, and 8 PM PT).

I can't wait to read these masterpieces!  If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments. ;) Let me know when you send your story in, so I can check to see if it sent.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. How many pages do you want? I'm not familiar with the length of Envy Green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's twelve pages with five short chapters. ;)

      Delete
  2. Okay! Great, the only problem I'll probably have is keeping it under 12 pages, LOL.

    By the way, I have a blog and I have no idea how to put up a "Join this Site" button on my blog like it is on your blog. Do you know how to set it up? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you add the Followers thing to your layout and that does it. ;)

      Delete
  3. I want to join! People have different versions of short stories--like Figment. Theirs is 1200 words. Does it HAVE to be of 12 pages or can it be as long as it takes to finish? Like if it were to be 7 or 8?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, 12 pages is just what I'd prefer the maximum to be. ;)

      Delete
  4. Hey, Em! I've awarded you the Amazeballs award (crazy what kind of awards people come up with these days xD)! I'll have a post on it this week Wednesday, so I'd love it if you could check it out then.
    <3 Seana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...