April 14, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Literary Quotes


Some of my favorite quotes are from books (and the other half are from movies and historical figures). I struggled to list 10, but that's because half the time, I forget to write down my favorites. Now, here are the 10 I want to focus on, in no particular order.

Falling in love
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

One of my favorite lines from Open Road Summer.
2. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord

3. "Maybe, to do what you and I do, we have to have a little bit of the monster in us."~Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

4. "When one has made as many mistakes as I have, one becomes very familiar with the fullness of God's grace and mercy."~Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers

5. "'You look beautiful,' Alodia says.
I startle at the compliment. Then I smile. 'I'm beautiful to the one person that matters.'
She nods. 'Hector's mouth will drop open when he sees you.'
'I hope so. But I meant me. I'm beautiful to me.'"~The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson

6. "'Please tell me you plan to dress up as a volcra and jump out of a cake.'
'Well now you've ruined the surprise.'"~Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo

7. "Someday we will be more than words in the dark."~Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

8. "It was like swimming under the stars, like sleeping outside, like climbing a tree in the dark and seeing the view. It was scary and safe and peaceful and exciting, all at the same time. It was the way I felt when I was with him. Like a well-ordered universe."~Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

9. "'Are you so afraid of a baby girl?' Miri said, leaning toward him across the table. 'How about me? Do I terrify you too? Watch out, I wear a dress and don't grow a beard and if you don't keep me in check, I'll steal all your power!"~The Forgotten Sisters by Shannon Hale

10. "I don't want to be afraid anymore. I want to be brave. I want...life to start happening. I want to fall in love and I want a boy to fall in love with me back."~To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

1 comment:

  1. I love the quote from Since You've Been Gone. It just makes me think of summer - which is ridiculous because it just outlines an American summer (all campfires and sun), not a British one (rain, mostly) - but it has that sense of summery hope.
    I may be talking nonsense, but I really like it. Thank you for sharing!
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...