November 3, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Debut Authors Whose Sophomore Novels I Need


I love when I find debut authors whose books I adore. So here are the ten authors (plus a few bonus picks) whose second books I cannot wait for. Some have books coming next year...others, I'll have to wait a bit longer for.


1. Jasmine Warga
I loved, loved, loved My Heart and Other Black Holes, and I'm so excited for whatever Jasmine will write next!


2. Kristin Rae
Wish You Were Italian was fun and cute and a great summer read. Thankfully, Kristin has another book, What You've Always Wanted, coming in March!


3. Emma Mills
First & Then just released a month ago, but I'm already excited to see what she'll write next.


4. Aisha Saeed
So Aisha has sold her sophomore novel, but it isn't coming until 2017, and I kind of really need it now.


5. Katie M. Stout
Hello, I Love You was so cute, and I really hope Katie plans to write more.


6. Jenn Marie Thorne
The ultimate goal would be for Jenn to keep writing contemporary YA revolving around politics (and she apparently has a companion to The Wrong Side of Right coming soon), but I'll read anything else she plans to write. (Apart from a horror novel.)


7. Maggie Hall
I love the adventure that was The Conspiracy of Us. Cannot wait for the sequel!


8. Rachel M. Wilson
Don't Touch is one of the best books I've ever read. I really hope Rachel will write more in the future.


9. Amy Zhang
I would read Amy's grocery lists because Falling into Place was creative and thought-provoking. I'm sure her grocery lists aren't the same, but I'd read them anyways. So excited her sophomore novel will release in just a few months!


10. Stacey Lee
*prays that Stacey will continue to write historical fiction* I'm pumped for Outrun the Moon (previously titled The Unsinkable Mercy Wong), but I will read anything she writes after that.


Honorable mentions: Heather W. Petty (yay for Lock & Mori #2!) and Moriah McStay (I really enjoyed Everything That Makes You)

So which debut authors do you want to read more from?

3 comments:

  1. I really want to read Maggie's and Don't Tough. I have the latter so I just need to sit down and start reading it. Though Wish You Were Italian is not one of the 'If Only' books I've read, I'd like too because it sounds cute and her March release LOOKS and SOUNDS darling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie Hall made my list as well. I loved First & Then and got to talk to Emma Mills about her next project and I think it will be hilarious and cute just like her.
    http://seeingdoubleinneverland.blogspot.com/2015/11/top-ten-debut-authors-who-have-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also really looking forward to Jasmine Warga's sophomore novel. I really enjoyed her debut!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...