November 2, 2015

Professor Emma Teaches YA Heroines in History

I had so much fun putting together the reading list and syllabus for Saving the World 101 (see this post) that I decided I wanted to do it for more classes. So that's what this post is all about. Except I didn't make a syllabus because I am a sophomore in college whose life is insane right now, and who has time for making syllabi? (Except for professors, whose jobs include writing syllabi.)
*puts on professor glasses* 


This is a description of the class:
This course provides you with an understanding of how young women have shaped history—both in reality and in fiction. All of the books we will read this semester focus on strong, realistic female characters. In addition, we will study real heroines in conjunction with the fictional ones. My goal is for you to leave this class with a better understanding of how women have shaped history and how history has treated them.

And here are the required texts:
And the recommended reading:


Now get thee to the registrar's office at the Bibliophile University, and sign up for my class!
(Also, psst, what other classes would you like to see me teach at our made-up university? Conversely, what classes would you want to teach?)

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of the required reads yet. D: Scarlet is the one I'm most interested in. I've heard incredible things about it. I have read some of the recommended reading, though, and I agree that Lies We Tell Ourselves, Rebel Mechanics, and Grave Mercy belong on the syllabus for the class. :)

    I really like this post! An interesting class would be something like Destroying Readers One Twist at a Time (or with feels or something similar).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention that because I have a similar idea in my list of future Professor Emma post topics.

      Delete
  2. I have read exactly one of the required reads. But a few of the recommended reads are on my TBR list. And I'd probably take this class anyway, just 'cause you'd be teaching it. xD
    Were I professor at this university . . . I'd probably teach Genre Savviness 101. Or something to that effect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...