January 31, 2016

Rewind & Review #54


I'm back at school! We've already had a snow day, and it's way too cold for my tastes. I don't mind the snow and cold, not really. But I do when I have to walk everywhere in it. *sigh* Um, I'm been getting into the swing of classes and work. I'm taking a photography class this semester, which I hope is something I'll be good at. I'm also taking intro to poetry writing for my major, which has not been nearly as fun as fiction writing just because it's not my strength. Finally, I'm taking a history course for my minor and two literature courses. There's gonna be plenty of projects, papers, and exams, that's for sure.
Highlights of the last few weeks: went on a donut adventure this past Friday, finished season 3 of The Good Wife, got Netflix (so now I can watch Gilmore Girls anytime), took photos for a project at Joseph-Beth, and took photos on the two snowy days we had.

Books I Received for Review
The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas (from Delacorte via NetGalley)
Devil and the Bluebird by Jennifer Mason-Black (from Amulet Books via NetGalley)
Girl in the Blue Coat by Monica Hesse (from Little, Brown BFYR via NetGalley)
The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You by Lily Anderson (from St Martin's Griffin via NetGalley)
Holding Court by K.C. Held (from Entangled: Teen via NetGalley)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
You're Invited by Jen Malone and Gail Nall (traded for)
Burn by Elissa Sussman (from @irishbanana)
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
Love Fortunes and Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius (from my Secret Sister, @talkingbookworm)

Books I Read
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery (4 stars)
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
Don't Fail Me Now by Una LaMarche (reread)
The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens (4 stars)
In Real Life by Jessica Love
A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray (reread)
Everything That Makes You by Moriah McStay (reread)
Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray (reread)
Let It Snow by Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle (2 stars)
Playing with Matches by Suri Rosen (4 stars)
The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters
What Maisie Knew by Henry James (2 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed
   (From 1/11-1/16)
   (From 1/17-1/23)
  • The One Where I Share More of My Writing
  • TTT: Historical Settings I Want More Of
  • Review: The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
  • Do I Favor One Publisher Over Another?
  • So You Like... #23
  • When I Was Little, I Read
  • TTT: Favorite Quotes Involving Romance
  • Round Three of Secret Sister
  • Review: Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
  • Random Friday: Characters I Love to Hate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...