March 8, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters Everyone Loves But I Dislike


So that title may be a bit of a generalization, but overall, I feel like people really like these characters, and I don't.


1. Four (Divergent by Veronica Roth)
Okay, so I used to like Four just fine, but the fangirl reaction to Theo James has ruined him for me, and I hate how he's portrayed in the movie.

2. Rowan (Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas)
Can't stand him one bit. Never have really liked him. 

3. Ava (Salvage by Alexandra Duncan)
I think the general consensus was that most people liked Salvage's protagonist, but she was one of my biggest problems with the book.

4. Skylar (I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios)
Overall, I didn't like this book, which means I didn't care for Skylar.

5. Gwen (What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick)
I hardly remember this book, but I know I didn't like it and I especially didn't like Gwen.

6. Parker (Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally)
Stealing Parker is my least favorite of Miranda's books, and Parker just grated at my nerves.

7 and 8. Emma and Galen (Syrena Legacy by Anna Banks)
Meh.
That's my general opinion of these co-protagonists.

9. Karou (Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor)
I'm sorry, y'all. I tried this series and...I just couldn't do it. I liked Karou at first, but after the main plot point was revealed, I was kind of put off.

10. Lola (Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins)
I actually like Lola and the Boy Next Door all right now, but I still don't like Lola and her choices. I do like Cricket, though.

*ducks and covers* Commence berating me for disliking these characters.

6 comments:

  1. Divergent: I did not like the book at all. I thought it was overrated.
    I do like the movie though.
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I thought I was the ONLY person who didn't like the Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I just could NOT get into that book at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about Four: I really liked him in Divergent, but started to dislike him a bit in Insurgent and Allegiant. Also, I have nothing against Theo James, but he's not how I pictured Four and now I can't stop picturing him as Theo James :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Four. He's not my cup of tea. Especially after the movie came out. Great Top Ten!
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like Four in the book and Theo James. But I can see where you're coming from. I'm so excited to see that you have Parker on your list! She made my list too. I hated her.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know
    Also, I have a giveaway going on for my 5th Blogoversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FOUR. I hated Four so much, especially after the Divergent movies came out. It doesn't help that I dislike Theo James in general, but Four's character just never really appealed to me. Many of his actions were selfish and he and Tris were almost my n(otp).

    - Eli @ The Silver Words

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...