Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic was a little difficult for me, and I had to stretch far back into my favorites list. Why? Because most of the books I read are ones I add to my TBR list long before they release. I rarely go into bookstores and find books that I haven't already considered reading or read. But here are ten of the most memorable books that I picked up on a whim.
1. The Mother-Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick
Got it before a trip, as was my mom's tradition back in the day. (Man that makes me sound old.)
2. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
I knew about this series, of course, but I finally caved, checked the first book out of the library, and began reading it over Thanksgiving break.
3. Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George
It was on my freshman year roomie's shelf, and she said I could borrow it. I definitely don't regret reading this series.
4. Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
I saw it at the library and thought it looked good.
5. Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
One of the first books I read when I began book blogging. I loved it so much that I bought it only a few weeks later at Barnes & Noble.
6. Roomies by Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando
I don't remember how I learned about this book. I just know it's one of the few books I've bought prior to reading (and it wasn't in a series or by a trusted author).
7. Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton
Ditto to most of what I said about Time Between Us, except I didn't acquire this one for a little while.
8. All Four Stars by Tara Dairman
Saw it featured on a blog right around its release, and I decided to take a chance on it so I waited until my library got a copy.
9. Anything Could Happen by Will Walton
It got little buzz, but I saw it at The Fountain Bookstore in Richmond and checked it out of the library shortly after.
10. The Comeback Season by Jennifer E. Smith
I'd read Jennifer's more popular YA novels, and I didn't think I'd read her older ones, but then I found out this one was partly about the Cubs so I knew I had to give it a shot.
What about you? What are your top ten books you picked up on a whim?