May 3, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Childhood Characters I Want to Revisit


This post is all about the characters I loved as a child that I'd love to revisit as teenagers or adults. Did they go to college? Are they married? You get the idea.

1. Nancy Drew
I read the Nancy Drew Notebooks mostly, but it would be fun to see a grown-up Nancy. (And I know there's gonna be a TV show but I'm not sure it's going to be the Nancy I want to see.)

2. Flora and Ruby from the Main Street series
I adored those books when I was younger, especially the first five books. It would be interesting to see Flora in high school and Ruby in middle school.

3. The Babysitters Club girls
Obviously I need to know what Kristy, Mary Anne, Claudia, Stacey, and the rest of the gang are up to.

4. Samantha Parkington
The American Girl books were some of my absolute favorites, and Samantha was my first American Girl doll. I'd love to see young adult Samantha during World War I.

5. Kirsten Larson
(Yeah I'm basically doing American Girls for the rest of these. Sue me.)
I want to see how Kirsten's pioneer life blossomed!

6. Felicity Merriman
Felicity will always hold a special place in my heart, since she was a Virginia girl, too. I'd love to see her settling into our new nation.

7. Kit Kittredge
Kit is the doll I've had longest besides Samantha, and can you just imagine her in World War II? She'd be the best reporter.

8. Josefina Montoya
I loved Josefina's books for exploring a part of American history that I knew little about, and I totally want more of that. So, YA Josefina, please.

9. Molly McIntyre
Molly in the fifties!

10. Addy Walker
I can't forget Addy, either. I'd love to see how her family is doing after her sixth book and the short mystery she got.

So which characters from your childhood do you want to revisit?

2 comments:

  1. Felicity is my all-time favorite American Girl!!!! Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you included the American Girl doll books. I completely forgot how obsessed I was with Kirsten as a kid. Also Molly becoming Peggy in Mad Men would be fantastic

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...