July 1, 2016

The Chapter Sampler Test Part 2

If you remember, about a month ago, I had a post about cutting books from my TBR list. I've been doing it in batches, so it's not so overwhelming. To accomplish this, I downloaded samples of 28 books on my TBR list from iBooks. After I read each sample, I decided if the book would stay on my TBR list or would be removed. This process is also going to hopefully help my overall book rating go up. I really want more 4 and 5 star reads this year. Anyways, here are the next ten books up for elimination.

22055262 23466626 25991081
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
I'm keeping it for now. I'm trusting all my blogger friends to not let me down.
Dreamology by Lucy Keating
Definitely staying!
The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood
Nope, this one is going. I started skimming the excerpt and I didn't even finish it because I wasn't feeling it.

25131078 27206507
The Distance from A to Z by Natalie Blitt
Yeah, I'm keeping it. The protagonist is obsessed with all things French, which is catnip for me.
26 Kisses by Anna Michels
Yeah, keeping it for now, mostly since, as you'll see, I didn't like the next five books.

25320766 25664525
Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey
Kind of boring. It's a goner.
Romancing the Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
I was not feeling the male narration. I'm removing it from my TBR list.

25578480 1575141 25816733
Ruby Lee & Me by Shannon Hitchcock
The writing was all over the place, so this is one of those middle grades that I wouldn't enjoy.
Secret Santa by Sabrina James
Too stereotypical YA. This one won't be staying.
The Tiara on the Terrace by Kristen Kittscher
Didn't enjoy this as much as The Wig in the Window, so it's been removed.

So, wow, I only kept 4/10 books this time. On the one hand, it's kind of sad. On the other, my TBR list is feeling closer to manageable and that's what this personal challenge is all about.
I'll finish this post series up in a few weeks. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...