October 13, 2018

Why I Love Princess Academy

Princess Academy has been on my favorites list for eight years now. It was a birthday present from one of my best friends, and I didn't really get it the first time I read it, but upon a reread, I realized how wonderful it truly is. And I'm here to tell you why.


1. The quietness
I love soft books that still hit you right in the feels. There's so much beauty in Princess Academy. It's not full of action scenes like a lot of fantasy, but there is character development and some intrigue.

2. The focus on women
Considering it's set at a school for girls, there is so much focus on the women - Miri, her friends and peers, her sister, her deceased mother... It's lovely and leaves room for so many different personalities.

3. Miri finding her strength
Miri is one of my favorite characters. She finds her place and how she can be strong even when she feels like everyone else sees her as weak. She's not a "strong female character" who loves to fight and is closed off to emotion. She's so much more - a true strong female character.

4. The folklore and world-building
There's a lot of Norwegian/Scandinavian influence, and it's lovely. Also, Mount Eskel is one of the most vivid settings I've ever seen in a book. It's built through the songs the people sing and through the history of the kingdom readers learn along with Miri and the other students.


85990

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...