September 10, 2011

Now I know how Emma (the OTHER Emma) felt about Pip...

(sorry about the picture quality; took it with my cell phone)

You see that little cutie?  That's Fern, a former stray.  She waltzed into our yard today when we were outside.  She immediately took to me, and I wanted to keep her so badly!  But, the sad news is, my parents are both allergic to cats. :( BUT we took her to our local no-kill shelter.  They took her in, and we got to give Fern her name since we rescued her.  I chose Fern because it just felt right.  The crazy thing?  She might be expecting kittens!  'Course, it's hard to tell because she's so, so thin. :( I was petting her, and I could feel her shoulder blades, her spine, and her ribs.
I also wanted to use this post to ask people to adopt from shelters.  There are so many strays that no-kill shelters are having to turn them away and send them to Animal Control.  Animal Control kills animals if they don't have enough space or if they're there too long.  So, NEVER buy from pet stores (they get their dogs and cats from puppy and kitten mills) and try not to buy from reputable breeders.  Yeah, they're reputable, but there are so many poor shelter pets that need loving homes!  Check the ASPCA (American Society for Prevention of Animal Cruelty is the full name, I believe) and check your local shelters.  You can make a difference just by adopting a rescue pet.  OR if you or a family member is allergic, consider making a donation. ;)
I'll be posting again on Monday about the first book I read this summer. ;)

3 comments:

  1. You read that series too! I loved them so much I bought all of them. By the way I love to read and my name is Emma too! How weird is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, MAJOR MDBC fan here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also a major MDBC fan. I love them! I'm sorry that you don't have a cat,I have 3! By the way did you know that there is a fifth book coming out for the holidays?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...