September 12, 2011

Week of Books, Day One: Cheaper by the Dozen

Cheaper by the Dozen, published in 1948, was written by Frank B. Gilbreth, Jr. and Ernestine Gilbreth Carey.  It's the story of Frank and Lillian Gilbreth and their 12 children.  It is hardly anything like the 2003 movie, but quite similar to the 1950 movie.  The book mainly focuses on the Gilbreths' lives in Montclair, New Jersey.  There are a lot of funny parts in the book (jokes about how many kids they have, and the hilarity that ensues).  I definitely recommend reading this book because it's appropriate, a family story, and very sweet.  Once you read it, I recommend hunting down the 1950 film version and watching it.  I always love watching movies based off of books and knowing who everyone is when my mom doesn't, LOL! (That happened the first time we watched Pride and Prejudice, and I was shocked to learn that my mom hadn't read my beloved P&P.)

Well, that's all for today.  Gotta get back to school.  I still have studying for tests, a history assignment, a couple English assignments, French, and some stuff from co-op, but I wanted y'all to have this blog post when you got home from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...