September 13, 2011

Week of Books, Day Two: Gone With the Wind

Next on my reading list was a tale of epic proportions-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell.  It took me approximately 2 weeks to read this hefty book, and I can usually read a 500-page book in 2 1/2 hours!  Gone With the Wind, for those who haven't read it or heard of it, is the tale of Miss Scarlett O'Hara, a Southern belle.  The story takes place before, during, and after the American Civil War of the 1860s.  The characters of the book are well-formed.  You could even say Tara (not a person) is a character.  But who is Tara?  I challenge you to read Gone With the Wind to find out. ;) This book doesn't claim a top fave spot for me (those are dominated by P&P, MDBC, Percy Jackson, Canterwood Crest, Warriors, On the Runway...I should stop there, LOL.  Otherwise we'll be here for hours!), but it's definitely a masterpiece.  I learned in reading it that even if you weren't a slave owner, your opinions could be biased by people you knew who were...... (Margaret Mitchell was one of those non-slave owners.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...