July 20, 2014

Rewind & Review #18

Rewind and review

So what's happened in the past two weeks?  Well, I hosted my first Twitter chat, and I think it went fairly well.  It was lots of fun to chat with several blogger, bookworm, and writer friends.  I also celebrated my birthday - a party on the 13th and I went to an author event on my actual birthday (the 16th).  Awkwordly Emma turned 3 on Thursday.  It's still pretty crazy to think I've been blogging for 3 years, even though I've only been a book blogger for a little over 1.  I've bought a lot of stuff I'll need this fall, including a reading chair for my dorm room.  That's a necessity.  (P.S. A book haul video is at the bottom of this post!)

Books & More I Received
I'm Glad I Did by Cynthia Weil (via Soho Teen and Edelweiss)
The Fairy-Tale Matchmaker by E.D. Baker (via Bloomsbury Children's and NetGalley)
Not in the Script by Amy Finnegan (Thank you to Bloomsbury!)

Barnes & Noble giftcards from awesome friends and family. :) I plan to spend one on a book releasing this week, and then I want to save the others for during my first semester at college.  I'm certain there will be a day when I want to buy books but I need to save my own money; therefore, the giftcards will come in handy.

Books I Bought
On the Fence by Kasie West
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
Winter White by Jen Calonita
The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones
No Place Like Oz by Danielle Paige (an e-novella)
Just One Night by Gayle Forman (an e-novella)
The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes
The Break-Up Artist by Phillip Siegel
Unhinged by A.G. Howard
The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings
Siege & Storm by Leigh Bardugo (A blogger friend got me a signed copy at the Fierce Reads tour last month.)

Books/Swag I Won
An AMAZING Snow Like Ashes swag pack from @KaitlinS16's blogoversary event, courtesy of Sara Raasch.

Books I Read
Better off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg (reread for RRSS14)
The Nightmare Dilemma by Mindee Arnett (4 stars)
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (reread for RRSS14)
On the Fence by Kasie West (reread for RRSS14)
Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid
#scandal by Sarah Ockler (3 stars)
One Smart Cookie by Kym Brunner
The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller (4 stars)
Cress by Marissa Meyer (reread for RRSS14)
Just One Night by Gayle Forman (3 stars)
No Place Like Oz by Danielle Paige (4 stars)
Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes (DNF)
Sidekicked by John David Anderson (3.5 stars)
Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones (5 stars)
The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White (reread for RRSS14)

Currently Reading
The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
The First Battle by Erin Hunter

Blog Posts You Might've Missed
   (From 7/7-7/12)
   (From 7/13-7/19)
Upcoming Blog Posts in the Next Few Weeks (subject to change)
  • I'm a Book Shover
  • Reading "Girly" Books: an Interview with a Bookish Guy
  • My Bookshelves
  • Preparing for Isla
  • Review: The Jewel by Amy Ewing
  • TTT: Authors I Own the Most Books From
  • So You Like... #4
  • Beautiful Covers
  • ReReadathon Thoughts and Final Tally
  • Random Friday: Back to School Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...