September 26, 2015

I'm Emma and I'm a Word Nerd

I'm a writer. I'm a bibliophile. I love words in general, but I also love really cool words like...


Lethologica ~ the inability to remember a word or put your finger on the right word

Bungalow ~ a small cozy cottage

Chatoyant ~ changing in luster or color

Denouement ~ the final resolution of the intricacies of a plot

Effervescent ~ bubbling enthusiasm
Fun story - this has been one of my favorite words since I read it in Dear Pen Pal by Heather Vogel Frederick.

Ethereal ~ light, airy, or tenuous

Gossamer ~ a thin, insubstantial or delicate material

Labrinthine ~ twisting and turning

Limerance ~ the state of being infatuated with another person

Mellifluous ~ a sound that is sweet and smooth

Nemesis ~ an unconquerable enemy

Petrichor ~ the smell of earth after rain

Vellichor ~ the strange wistfulness of old/used bookshops

So what are some of your favorite words?

1 comment:

  1. I like splendiferous. Also, sussurus, though I can't spell it without looking it up. And quirked. (I don't know. I'm strange.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...