October 3, 2016

The Great British Bake Off Tag


There's a GBBO tag circulating the blogosphere. A fellow blogger (don't remember who, sorry!) sent me the link on Twitter, and I knew I had to do it. Heart Full of Books is where I got the list, and the tag was apparently created by ReadingWithJack.

1. CAKE - a book that didn't rise to your expectations
I could name a lot of 2016 releases but ultimately my choice is Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here by Anna Breslaw.


2. BISCUITS - book series or trilogy that got progressively better
There's a few of these, but the one that always comes to mind when I get a question like this is...
10429092 10816908
11431896


3. BREAD - a book you put off reading for ages, and you needed a lot of determination to pick it up
Definitely Victoria Schwab's A Darker Shade of Magic. I really liked her The Archived duology, but I didn't like Vicious so I was wary of ADSOM.


4. DESSERTS - a book set in a foreign country
I'll give you two foreign countries, England and China, courtesy of Sharon Biggs Waller's The Forbidden Orchid.


5. ALTERNATIVE INGREDIENTS - a book from a genre you wouldn't normally read but ended up loving
I have never read much magical realism, but The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore was a win for the genre.


6. PASTRY - a character you initially liked, but as you read more and more, your relationship with them crumbled
Celaena Sardothien. 
This one was a given. I adored her in Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight, and I understood where she was in Heir of Fire, but I didn't like her at all in Queen of Shadows and Empire of Storms.


7. VICTORIAN/OLD-FASHIONED BAKES - favorite classic novel
I love most of Jane Austen's novels, but Emma is probably my favorite.
17465750


8. PATISSERIE - a book that lacked substance and fell flat
I've read several of these, but for this tag, I'll go with Being Audrey Hepburn by Mitchell Kriegman


9. CHOCOLATE - a book I could read again and again and still find comforting
*looks at entire We Never Go Out of Style Goodreads shelf*
Well, if I had to pick just one... I'll say Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson.


10. THE GRAND FINALE - favorite book of the year
It's a tie between three books. And look at that, they're all contemporary YA.
26114524 17838528
25486998
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
P.S. I Like You by Kasie West

Feel free to do this book tag yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...