October 11, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Read Because of Other Bloggers


This was a hard topic to do, just because a lot of books I've read have been entirely by my own choice. Earlier on in my blogging career, though, a lot of what I read was based mostly on other bloggers raving about them. So shoutout to the wonderful bloggers in this community who have pushed me to read some of their favorite titles.

11235712
1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Way back in 2013, I saw Summer's review of this one and decided that, even though it was sci-fi, I'd give it a try.

9565548
2. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
Shae nudged me towards this one.

10429092
3. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
This one is thanks to Shae, as well, and I think a couple of other bloggers, too (although I can't recall whom).

19547856
4. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
So many bloggers raved about this one that I finally gave in last fall.

18289482
5. All Four Stars by Tara Dairman
This middle grade novel wasn't even on my radar until I saw a blogger's review of it.

18602660
6. 17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen
I knew about this book, but it was Jamie's review that really got me interested (even though I couldn't read it until almost a year later).

10929432
7. The Archived by Victoria Schwab
Another Shae rec. 

18053035
8. Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas
A couple bloggers reviewed this one, and their thoughts were positive enough that I wanted to give it a try.

18189606
9. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
I never thought I'd read Morgan Matson's books until I saw Jamie's review and giveaway. I checked SYBG out of the library, and ended up winning it and Morgan's first two novels.

18051352
I saw Gillian's review, went to Half Price Books later that day (or week, don't remember which), and promptly bought it.


So who's been the best recommender of books in your life?

5 comments:

  1. Simon vs. the Homo Sapians Agenda was an inadvertent recommendation. I found it on a friends Goodreads shelf with a high rating. It sounded like my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Grave Mercy was one of the first books I read and reviewed when I was a newbie blogger, and I really liked it. In fact a re- read might not be bad. I never did read books two or three...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Girl of Fire and Thorns and Grave Mercy are on my TBR because of blogger recs, Cinder and Simon Vs I read because of recs too.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read The Archived series - I just need more Schwab in my life. :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grave Mercy was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/10/11/top-ten-tuesday-78/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...