October 18, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Literary Names for Future Pets


I would absolutely love to give a future dog or cat a literary-inspired name. Here are my top eight picks!


1. Dorian (from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas)
Can you just imagine Dorian as a fluffy puppy?

2. Miri (from Princess Academy by Shannon Hale)
This one would work better for a cat in my opinion, but I also really want to have Corgis one day, so I could see naming one of them Miri.

3. Kestrel (from The Winner's Curse trilogy by Marie Rutkoski)
I just really like the name, but I would never burden a future child with the name so guess it'll have to be for a pet.

4. Nix (from The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig)
Definitely a cat.

5. Ophelia (from Hamlet)
Ophelia is one of my favorite characters, so of course I have to honor her and name a future pet (probably a Corgi or Sheltie) after her.

6. Finch (a.k.a. Matt Finch from Open Road Summer by Emery Lord)
I like the surname so much I gave it to one of my characters.

7. Sloane (from Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson...and Ferris Bueller's Day Off)
It's just a great name, but I can't see myself giving it to a kid.

8. Hale (from Heist Society by Ally Carter)
And no, I won't burden that pet with the name W.W. Hale the Fifth.

So what literary-inspired names would you give your pets or children? (Or which ones have you given your pets/children?)

7 comments:

  1. Kestrel made my list this week too! I'm FINALLY reading the Throne of Glass series (I'm only on book 2) and you're so right, I can see Dorian being a good dog name. Maybe for a Golden Retriever. Have a great week!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can absolutely see Dorian as a fluffy puppy! And a cat named Nix, but I somehow haven't read The Girl from Everywhere yet! Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I named my child Emma 😉.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I think Miri sounds like an adorable name for a cat! Great pick!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can definitely picture Dorian as a fluffy puppy!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/10/18/top-ten-tuesday-79/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dorian is such a good name, but I'd probably have Dorian Gray on my mind. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read the book, yet, but I *love* the name Nix for the cat! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...