June 29, 2019

Another Twenty 2020 Reads

It's time for the second (and last) set of twenty 2020 releases I'm looking forward to!


1. Break the Fall by Jennifer Iacopelli
All the Olympics books, please and thank you.

45872054. sy475
2. Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu
I definitely prefer Marie's fantasy to her sci-fi, so I'm 100% here for this.


3. These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong
An historical fiction, Chinese Romeo and Juliet? Uh, yes please.



45861077
4. By the Book by Amanda Sellet
Look at that pretty cover! As always, I love a bookish protagonist.


5. Off Script by Kate Watson
I have two Emma retellings in this post, and this one is gonna be about the #TimesUp movement, so I think it has a lot of potential


6. The Princess Will Save You by Sarah Henning
This was pitched as a Princess Bride readalike, so brb while I have a quick happy dance.

44281037
7. Chirp by Kate Messner
I will scream about Kate's books all dang day. They're everything I love about middle grade.


8. Six Angry Girls by Adrienne Kisner
Sometimes YA books don't feel teenager-y enough (especially when it comes to school), but this one is going to involve Mock Trial, so I have high hopes.


9. The Stars We Steal by Alexa Donne
It's Persuasion IN SPACE. The only type of space book I will read. (Okay, kind of a lie, but whatever.)


10. Lucky Caller by Emma Mills

It me.

41951615
11. The Empire of Dreams by Rae Carson
Rae Carson is back!!!

45045612
12. Woven in Moonlight by Isabel Ibanez
I always want diversity in fantasy, and this one has Colombian influences, so that definitely ticks the box. :)


13. Yes No Maybe So by Becky Albertalli and Aisha Saeed
An author dream team. I've loved everything Aisha's written thus far, and you can't go wrong with a Becky book.


14. The Perfect Escape by Suzanne Park
An escape room rom-com? YAS.


45043735
15. Every Reason We Shouldn't by Sara Fujimara
This will hold me over til all the figure skating competitions at the 2022 Winter Olympics.


16. Secrets of the Printery by Kelly Powell
Protagonists with cool jobs ftw.


17. The Life and (Medieval) Times of Kit Sweetly by Jamie Pacton
I smell a book all about girl power.


18. The Code for Love and Heartbreak by Jillian Cantor
An Emma retelling? Sign me up.


19. Untitled by Maika Moulite and Maritza Moulite
Road trip? Historical inspiration? Strong sister back story? I'm sold.


20. This Flame of Gold by Emily Victoria
I think this might be Jewish-inspired fantasy? Even if not, the main character is asexual, which is very rare in YA (both in general and outside of contemporary), so I'm super excited for this book.


Edit, 7/9/19: I'm squeezing a bonus pick in this year because a title coming out in March was announced last week, and I NEED IT.

Salty, Bitter, Sweet by Maya Cuevras
It sounds like everything I love in a book. France? Cooking? A protagonist of color? I'm practically drooling. 


So there you have it! Hopefully 2020 is gonna be a GREAT book year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...