August 21, 2017

Professor Emma Teaches Cooking Through YA Novels

I'm teaching two classes at the Bibliophile University this fall, and here's the reading list for the first!

I love baking so much and I'm getting better at cooking, so I thought it was time to highlight my favorite YA (and one MG) books that feature cooking/baking. While there would be reading and discussion, there would also be plenty of practical lessons in the kitchen - probably featuring recipes from my From the Bookshelf to the Kitchen series.


Reading list:



If you were teaching this class, what books would you include? Any classes you think the Bibliophile University should offer?

2 comments:

  1. And there should be field trips to local restaurants as part of the curriculum 😋

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read one of these books - To All the Boys I've Loved Before - but it's a perfect fit! I'd also have to add North of Happy because it's literally about learning to cook.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...