There are a lot of (*coughcough*wrong*coughcough*) people who don't see the merit in YA (definitely sub-tweeting someone here), but they're missing out on a terrific collection of books. There's so much going on in YA these days - diversity, fantastic plots, relatable characters (even for me, a twenty-something), awesome world-building... So for all y'all who need to give YA a chance, here are my recommendations.
1. Heist Society trilogy by Ally Carter
2. Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
3. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
4. Wolf by Wolf duology by Ryan Graudin
5. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
6. A Tyranny of Petticoats by various authors
7. Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo
8. The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore
9. The Winner's Curse trilogy by Marie Rutkoski
10. The Fixer duology by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
11. The Archived duology by Victoria Schwab
12. Not Now, Not Ever by Lily Anderson
13. Speak Easy, Speak Love by McKelle George
14. The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner
If you read YA, what would you recommend to those who have never read it before?