January 28, 2018

Rewind & Review #102


~First snow day since freshman year! I hope this snowy weather doesn't stick around, though, because I don't want it throwing a wrench in my travel plans in a week and a half.
~Started my final history paper of my college career. I'm writing about a Muslim woman who helped found the oldest university in the world. I don't have as long to write it, though, as I normally do, so I'm a little stressed about producing a good paper in time. Especially because I'm having trouble finding primary sources.
~Started my practicum, and I'm super excited about it. I think I'm going to learn a lot and get to do some cool things.
~As you'll see below, I got approved for my first e-galleys from HarperCollins in, like, forever. It's a good feeling, y'all. I'm also SUPER excited for the three I've been approved for. 

Books I Received for Review
Everless by Sara Holland (from Miss Print's ARC Adoption Program)
Bookish Boyfriends by Tiffany Schmidt (from Abrams via NetGalley)
Jolly Foul Play by Robin Stevens
Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett (from S&S via NetGalley)
My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
The Bird and the Blade by Megan Bannen
A Thousand Beginnings and Endings by various authors (from HarperCollins via Edelweiss)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman (traded with Kelly)
An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson (traded with Jessica)
Love, Hate & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed (traded with Erica)
Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore (traded with Jami)
Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee (traded with Hannah)

Books I Bought

Books I Read
Interference by Kay Honeyman (3.5 stars)
Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch (reread)
Save the Deli by David Sax (3 stars)
The Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig (reread)
Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis (reread)
Love, Hate & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed (4 stars)
Everless by Sara Holland
The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene (4 stars)
More Than We Can Tell by Brigid Kemmerer
The Hidden Staircase by Carolyn Keene (4 stars)
Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett
Local Flavor by Jean Iversen
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis (reread)
The Bungalow Mystery by Carolyn Keene (3 stars)
When We Collided by Emery Lord (reread)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed in the Last Few Weeks
   (from 1/15-1/20)
   (from 1/21-1/27)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...