January 30, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Can't Believe I Read


This topic could go either positive or negative, and I'm taking it both ways with a split list.


Books I Can't Believe I Read (in a Good Way)

2300940232078787
1 and 2. Saint Anything and Once and for All by Sarah Dessen
I vaguely tried a couple Sarah Dessen books back when I first started reading YA, but I really didn't like them. Well, I ended up giving her two most recent titles a chance, and I'm so glad I did. I loved them!

394406
3. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
It took me quite a while to read a Tolkien book (even though I'm a big Lewis fan), but Dr. Brown's adolescent lit class made this happen. I didn't love it, but I'm glad to have read it.

121121
4. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
All the way back in 2014, I swore I'd never read Harry Potter.
Yeah. How wrong I was about never reading Harry Potter, lolololololol.


Books I Can't Believe I Read (in a Bad Way)

41865
5. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
I read this for kicks and giggles back in the day, and wow, was I stupid. It was so mind-numbingly terrible that I couldn't write creatively for the longest time.

18691023
6. Autumn Falls by Bella Thorne
Not sure why I gave a book "written" by a celebrity a chance.

27206507
7. 26 Kisses by Anna Michels




20518922
8. Starry Night by Isabel Gillies
Do yourself a favor and never read this book. Read my review to find out why.

9972250
9. The Good Soldier by Ford Madox Ford
I had to read this for my Modern Novel class a few years ago, and... *cringes just thinking about it*

23462610
10. Don't Ever Change by Beth M. Bloom
This had so much potential, and it fell so flat. (Once again, you can read my review to find out why.)


What books did you talk about for this week's topic?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...