June 6, 2018

Nineteen More 2019 Reads

Time for my second and last round-up of (hopefully) 2019 releases that I'm stoked for. Get ready for lots of book hype!


1. I Wanna Be Where You Are by Kristina Forest
Ballerina stories are getting kind of old...but not when the protagonists are women of color. Plus there's a road trip involved. What more could I ask for?


2. Summer of a Thousand Pies by Margaret Dilloway
 I am always here for baking...plus the main character is a Great British Bake Off fan!


3. Dangerous Alliance by Jennieke Cohen
Historical fiction plus Jane Austen? Yes please!!


4. The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman
The Goodreads blurb for this one is still pretty short, but it says "for fans of Stranger Things and The Raven Boys" so sign me up.


5. A Match Made in Mehendi by Nandini Bajpai
I don't know if my Slytherin-ness hides it, but I adore rom-coms, and A Match Made in Mehendi sounds like the perfect one.


6. In the Neighborhood of True by Susan Kaplan Carlton
This one's been on my radar since December, and I needed it, like, yesterday. It's non-Holocaust historical fiction about a Jewish girl, which we always need more of.


7. The Blood of Stars by Elizabeth Lim
Non-European fantasy is on the rise, and for good reason. This one especially sounds excellent cause who doesn't want a book about fashion and adventure?


8. Reconnected by Catherine Tinker
I'm extremely biased when it comes to this book, but it's my blog, so I can do what I want.

Basically, it's a contemporary Persuasion retelling by one of my best writer friends, and I read an earlier draft of it on Swoon Reads, and it was already excellent then, so I can't wait to read it after more edits.
(Note: That is not the final cover; it's the one Catherine used when the book was available on Swoon Reads, but it's so darn cute, I couldn't help but use it.)


9. She's the Worst by Lauren Spieller
Anything pitched as "____ meets Ferris Bueller" is already a win in my book.


10. The Weight of Our Sky by Hanna Alkaf
My favorite type of historical fiction, I think, is the kind that touches on events we don't talk about enough. Since The Weight of Our Sky is about the Chinese and Malay riots of 1969, it seems to be right up my alley.

11. Cacophony by Kelly Powell
Historical murder mystery set around a lighthouse? Yes please.

12. The Never Tilting World by Rin Chupeco
The world in this story sounds so ridiculously cool. It's been split in two and ruled by two vastly different goddesses.

13. The Raven's Tale by Cat Winters
YA historical fic about Edgar Allan Poe!



14. Enchantée by Gita Trelease
15. An Affair of Poisons by Addie Thorley
I paired these two together because they're French historical fiction (albeit, one is during the time of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, and the other is during Louis XIV's reign). But don't they sound opulent, lush, and fun?



16. Untitled by Morgan Parker
Listen, this one doesn't even have a title yet, so that should tell you how hype I am. I'm really looking forward to how the themes of depression and race are explored.

17. I Love You So Mochi by Sarah Kuhn
This. Sounds. So. Cute!!!

18. Nira Paints the Sky in B-Flat by Natasha Deen
I was just asking recently for YA protagonists who play an instrument other than guitar, and Natasha Deen is delivering with a heroine who plays the trumpet.

19. Sick Kids in Love by Hannah Moskowitz
This sounds so cute (and also like it'll break my heart into a thousand pieces).


So there you have it! The last of my nineteen 2019 reads. I'll be checking in on my eighteen 2018 reads in a few weeks, and then we'll have to wait and see how my thirty-eight 2019 reads fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...