June 15, 2018

Eighteen 2018 Reads Check-In

I'm starting to feel like I've lost my touch. The first year I did this post series (2015), I had pretty good results. I didn't love everything but I liked most of the books I'd chosen. But I've been slipping since then. I've taken loads of my choices from the last few years off my TBR after reading only a chapter or two, and finished others that were complete let-downs. But I still wanted to give y'all an update, and I'll do the final post in December as usual.
(FYI, some of the links below go to Goodreads; others go to my review of the book, if I had that opportunity.)


READ AND LOVED/LIKED

American Panda by Gloria Chao (4 stars)
Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian (4 stars)
The Beloved Wild by Melissa Ostrom (4 stars)
Dread Nation by Justina Ireland (4 stars)
Love, Hate & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed (4 stars)
Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West (4 stars)
My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows (4 stars)
The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevado (4 stars)
The Radical Element by various authors (3.75 stars)
Save the Date by Morgan Matson (4 stars)
Stay Sweet by Siobhan Vivian (4 stars)
Together at Midnight by Jennifer Castle (4 stars)
Your Destination Is on the Left by Lauren Spieller (3.5 stars)


READ AND WAS NEUTRAL ABOUT

The Ambrose Deception by Emily Ecton (3 stars)
Now a Major Motion Picture by Cori McCarthy (3 stars)
You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon (3.5 stars)


READ AND DISLIKED

A Date With Darcy by Tiffany Schmidt (DNF)
Furyborn by Claire Legrand (2 stars)
Nice Try, Jane Sinner by Lianne Oelke (1 star)


REMOVED FROM TBR
(the majority of which I lost interest in or tried a few chapters and didn't like)

The Forgotten Book by Mechtild Glaser
Gunslinger Girl by Lyndsay Ely
The Harper Effect by Taryn Bashford (due to bad author behavior)
Ink, Iron, and Glass by Gwendolyn Clare
Layover by Amy Andelson and Emily Meyer (due to poor reviews)
The Midnights by Sarah Nicole Smetana
The Place Between Breaths by An Na
Summer Constellations by Alisha Sevigny
The Way the Light Bends by Cordelia Jensen (I realized I really couldn't do a verse novel)


STILL NEED TO READ

Always Never Yours by Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka
The History of Jane Doe by Michael Belanger
The Length of a String by Elissa Brent Weissman
Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West
Love & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch
Nothing Happened by Molly Booth
Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young


YET TO RELEASE IN 2018

Not the Girls You're Looking For by Aminah Mae Safi (6/19)
Letting Go of Gravity by Meg Leder (7/17)
Resistance by Jennifer A. Nielsen (8/28)
Dare You to Lie by Amber Lynn Natusch (9/4)
Rule by Ellen Goodlett (9/11)
Blanca & Roja by Anna-Marie McLemore (10/9)
The Light Between Worlds by Laura E. Weymouth (10/23)
The Resolutions by Mia Garcia (11/13)
Love à la Mode by Stephanie Kate Strohm (11/27)


PUSHED BACK TO 2019
[A lot of my choices got pushed back. D:]

The Downstairs Girl by Stacey Lee
Semper Augustus by Mackenzi Lee
A Court of Miracles by Kester Grant
Night Music by Jenn Marie Thorne
The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi (1/15/19)
The Field Guide to the North American Teenager by Ben Philippe (1/22/19)
Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers (2/5/19)
Dark of the West by Joanna Hathaway (2/5/19)
Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks (2/12/19)
Never-Contented Things by Sarah Porter (3/19/19)


Here's hoping all the ones I have yet to read won't let me down... I am grateful that I did enjoy a big chunk of these books, but I'm still disappointed that I didn't like most of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...