June 3, 2018

Rewind & Review #111


~I spent my time in a flurry of shopping and packing for New York. It was so hard fitting everything into three suitcases. As it was, I had to leave a bunch behind for my parents to mail me within the next week or so. Thankfully, one of my best friends is coming to visit next week, so she'll be able to bring a few clothes and things, too.
~My anxiety hasn't been great the last couple weeks. Don't get me wrong - I was excited to come to New York, but also it's a terrifying new adventure, and I don't always do well with change.
~The internship has started! I'm settling in. There's a lot of information to remember, but I think I'm going to enjoy learning and working at Bloomsbury.
~I made my first trip of the summer down to Books of Wonder to celebrate my first week at the internship. I could've stayed forever and bought so many books, but I limited myself to the two listed below.

Books I Received for Review
The Light Between Worlds by Laura E. Weymouth (from HarperCollins via Edelweiss)
The Chaos of Now by Erin Jade Lange
A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer (from Bloomsbury)
The Game of Hope by Sandra Gulland (from Penguin via First to Read)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
The Summer of Us by Cecilia Vinesse (traded with Kelly)

Books I Bought
Little Do We Know by Tamara Ireland Stone
Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West

Books I Read
Together at Midnight by Jennifer Castle (4 stars)
Bonjour Kale by Kristen Beddard (4 stars)
Carney's House Party by Maud Hart Lovelace (reread)
Everywhere You Want to Be by Christina June
The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner (reread)
The Last Grand Adventure by Rebecca Behrens (3 stars)
The Bird and the Blade by Megan Bannen (DNF)
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson (reread)
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (reread)
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas
Rejected Princesses by Jason Porath (3 stars)
The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevado (4 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed in the Last Few Weeks
   (from 5/21-5/26)
   (from 5/27-6/2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...