July 22, 2018

Rewind & Review #114


~We had the Fourth of July off, so the night before, I treated myself to dinner and Beautiful: The Carole King Musical. Then on the Fourth, I went to the Cloisters before meeting up with Nori from Readwritelove28 for dinner and the fireworks.
~I had a fairly busy weekend, between a winery tour and then a spontanous trip up to the Central Park Zoo.
~I SAW WICKED!!!!!!!!!
~Also!! My internship got extended through mid-December! So guess Bloomsbury and New York are stuck with me a little longer. ;)
~My parents came to town for my birthday. We saw where I'll be living this fall, explored the Upper West Side and Brooklyn Heights, and saw Phantom of the Opera.

Books I Received for Review
The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee (from HarperCollins via Edelweiss)
For a Muse of Fire by Heidi Heilig (from ARC Adoption)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
Hero at the Fall by Alwyn Hamilton (from the free table at work)
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (birthday gift from my parents)
Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers
The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee (traded with Christina)

Books I Read
Save the Date by Morgan Matson (reread)
Letting Go of Gravity by Meg Leder
Summer of Salt by Katrina Leno (3.5 stars)
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (reread)
My So-Called Bollywood Life by Nisha Sharma (3 stars)
We Are Not Yet Equal by Carol Anderson and Tonya Bolden (4 stars)
The Light Between Worlds by Laura E. Weymouth
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (reread)
One Of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus (4 stars)
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas (reread)
The Impossibility of Us by Katy Upperman
Pride by Ibi Zoboi

Blog Posts You Might've Missed in the Last Few Weeks
   (from 7/2-7/7)
   (from 7/8-7/14)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...