March 21, 2014

Random Friday: Book Characters I'd Like to Have as BFFs


Want to participate in Random Fridays? Just do the following:
  • Include the above image in your post and link back to my post.
  • Blog about this week's topic.
  • Add the link to your Random Friday at the bottom of this post.
So this is Sarah's last week hosting Random Fridays.  It's been lovely having you, and you've done a great job. :) Take it away, Sarah!
----------
Thanks, Emma! It's had to believe this is my last week. I've had a lot of fun doing these.

This week's Random Fridays topic is Book Characters I'd Like to Have as BFFs
Lucy Pevensie
  1.  Lucy Pevensie (The Chronicles of Narnia). Lucy has always been one of my favorite Narnia characters, and I think she would be really fun to have as a friend. She's the kind of person who you never get tired of having around, and who can brighten your day just by showing up. Plus, I'd like to ask her about her adventures in Narnia, particularly in her reign as queen- the stories in the books can't possibly have been the only exciting things that happened in her life!
  2. Bonnie Silver (Dragons in Our Midst and its two sequel series). Bonnie is an absolutely inspiring character. Despite all the terrible things she's gone through (which includes losing her mom, spending half her life on the run, literally going through Hell (the place) and back, and much more), she never gives up, never loses hope, and never stops trusting God. She also never stops encouraging her friends to do the same.
    Bilbo Baggins
  3. Bilbo Baggins (The Hobbit) or Samwise Gamgee (The Lord of the Rings). Any of the main five hobbits of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings would be amazing to have for a BFF. However, Bilbo and Sam would be my top choices. I have several things in common with both of them. All three of us share a love for home and comfort, as well as a desire for adventure or something out of the ordinary. Like Sam (and Bilbo too, though not as obviously), I love stories of far-off lands, and like Bilbo, I'm a writer (even if I write mostly fantasy and he writes poetry and an autobiography). Also, hobbits, Sam in particular, are incredibly loyal. They'll stick by you, no matter what happens.
  4. Samwise Gamgee
    Dame Imraldera (Tales of Goldstone Wood). In my post two weeks ago, I talked about Dame Imraldera and why I like her so much. I think she and I would get along famously, and it would be awesome to chat about books (and other topics) with her.
  5. Kale Allerion (The DragonKeeper Chronicles). When I was still young enough to have imaginary friends (though old enough to only acknowledge them when I was completely alone), Kale was my bestie. I still love her (as evidenced by the fact that she's on this list), and would love to have her for a friend.   
  6. Ben and Ned (Castaways of the Flying Dutchman). Ben is friendly, funny, and always ready for anything, and Ned, his dog, is one of my favorite canines in literature. The especially nice thing is that I already know his story, so he could hopefully be a little less secretive with me than he has to with others. The only problem is that I'd eventually have to say goodbye.
    Dame Imraldera
  7. Gwenne (The Door Within Trilogy). Gwenne is awesome. She's everything I wish I could be, with the exception that she's not a writer, and would be really cool to have for a friend.
Well, those are my book-character BFFs. Who are yours? Please tell me in the comments below, or make your own Random Fridays post! 
Thanks again to Emma for inviting me to guest-host these past three weeks. I've really enjoyed it, and I hope you all did too. Thanks for reading!
-Sarah






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...