October 15, 2017

Rewind & Review #95


~Midterms came and went. #yikes
~Well. I thought I'd figured out a practicum option that I would enjoy and learn a lot from and that would use skills I already have. But my advisor vetoed it for incredibly inane reasons, so I think I'm back to a practicum I don't want to do and one that I don't think God is leading me towards. So continued prayers for that, please, because I feel very discouraged.
~I GET TO GO TO THE SCBWI WINTER CONFERENCE FOR MY PRACTICUM. God is so good; I persisted, and He gave me professors who fought for me and who were willing to make an exception since the conference didn't fit the requirements exactly (for a tiny little reason). So guess who's gonna be in NYC in February? :D
~My last homecoming was kind of blah.
~I wrote an art heist story in homage to Ally Carter's Heist Society trilogy. They're not that similar, but Heist Society is the reason art heist stories interest me, so I have to acknowledge Ally's role in this story's creation.
~Fall break: My mom got here on Thursday afternoon. We shopped on Friday, visited Ashland on Saturday, and cooked dinner both Friday and Saturday nights.

Books I Received for Review
I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sanchez (from Miss Print's ARC Adoption program)
Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe by Melissa de la Cruz (from St. Martin's Griffin via NetGalley)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
Little & Lion by Brandy Colbert (via trade)
Dear Martin by Nic Stone (via trade)

Books I Bought
Far from the Tree by Robin Benway
The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo

Books I Read
Cinder by Marissa Meyer (reread)
Meant to Be by Julie Halpern (DNF)
Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows (3.5 stars)
Even the Darkest Stars by Heather Fawcett (4 stars)
The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord (reread)
I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sanchez
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (reread)
A Dangerous Year by Kes Trester (DNF)
One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake (4 stars)
Made You Up by Francesca Zappia (3 stars)
The Great Shelby Holmes Meets Her Match by Elizabeth Eulberg (3 stars)
Retribution Rails by Erin Bowman
That Inevitable Victorian Thing by E.K. Johnston (4 stars)
In Search of the Perfect Loaf by Samuel Fromartz (2 stars)
You Don't Know Me, But I Know You by Rebecca Barrow (3 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed in the Last Few Weeks
   (from 9/25-9/30)
   (from 10/1-10/7)
   (from 10/8-10/14)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...