October 27, 2019

Rewind & Review #146


~I had a short trip to New York. It mostly involved food and friends. I also saw the new McNally Jackson store down at South Street Seaport, and I sat by the river for awhile, and I also visited Cornelia Street again.
~I didn't realize until a few days before, but Nic Stone came to Richmond on the book tour for her latest, Jackpot. She was in conversation with Lamar Giles at one of the Barnes & Nobles in the area. It was great to see both of them again!
~I've added approximately eleventy million cozy mysteries to my TBR spreadsheet. Am very excited for the prospect of new authors, new series, and the perfect books for fall/winter.

Books I Received for Review
The Queen Bee and Me by Gillian McDunn (from Bloomsbury)

Books I Bought
Well Met by Jen DeLuca
Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
Jackpot by Nic Stone

Books I Read
Color Outside the Lines by various authors
Emily Out of Focus by Miriam Spitzer Franklin (3 stars)
We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal (4 stars)
Dear Sweet Pea by Julie Murphy (3.5 stars)
The Fountains of Silence by Ruta Sepetys (4 stars)
The Measure of My Powers by Jackie Kai Ellis (5 stars)
A Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder by Dianne Freeman (4 stars)
4:50 from Paddington by Agatha Christie (4 stars)
The Map from Here to There by Emery Lord

Blog Posts You Might've Missed in the Last Few Weeks
   (from 10/14-10/19)
   (from 10/20-10/26)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...